Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday Moments

  • some of my favourite Trauma Mamas are in the running for Circle of Moms top 25 Adoption Blogs, go vote for them. 
  • I learned this week that  Fudge is near sighted in one eye and far sighted int he other and he needs glasses which makes him happy cause then he is just like the rest of us.
  •  I also think that he might have Auditory Processing Disorder, it would explain a lot of things, he does just about single thing on that list except for the poor spelling. 
  • I shampooed our hallway carpet today, I will say I had to do it 3 times. I will also say that childless couples should have to children over to visit before they are ever allowed to purchase white carpet. 
  • I borrowed this from a friend to do the job, it is fantastic and I heart Hoover. 
  • I have most of my garden in but there is still seeds to plant and it is moving very slowly. 
  • there are not enough hours in my day. 
  • I decided a little while ago that I need to get off my butt and get moving. My joint pain is a factor though and the best thing for me is cycling or swimming but both presented challenges until a bike appeared at my home last week.
  • Now I have no  excuses, I joined some great women in raising money for Orlando and although I might not make it to 500 miles I will get somewhere. There are lots of others in on it to but I am not sure if anyone else has blogged about it. 
  • I must go get ant traps and kids, in that order, guess why I need ant traps? I'll give you a hint, it has to do with a little boy who was mad at his Mom so he opened gf granola bars and left them under the bath tub... 

3 comments:

Megan said...

Ahhh... auditory processing disorder. Pain in my butt. I feel ya'.

KJ said...

I just out a couple more seeds in today and am starting to see a few sprout...I think it's not as late as it feels here in the far north. Think we're ok.

I thought we had auditory processing disorder for a while, but it turned out to just be pain in the ass disorder. If you find a treatment for that, let me in.

krlr said...

Well, the ants are inside your house but at least they're quiet. There's some sort of cicada explosion hereabouts - they are SO LOUD and there are creepy numbers of them flying about. Driving home it looked like there was confetti on the hwy - yuck. My windshield is a horror movie.

[And... ah-ha! You're one of the mysterious white-carpet purchasers! I've always had dogs & never understood HOW wht carpets work. Apparently with hoovers!]