Friday, February 13, 2009

protection

As a parent there is only so much I can do to protect the boys from the big scary world. We have spent the last 2 weeks fighting the "system" to protect Fudge from something we did not feel was in his best interest. It seems to of worked but the battle isn't quiet over yet, I also can't really talk about it here but lets just all cross our fingers and hope our fighting for what is best for him has worked.

But then there are the choices he makes all on his own, the ones I can't protect him from. At Beavers last night we made valentines for people we love and some paper flowers. Fudge is not in my group so I didn't know who he made his for till we got home

F - Mom can I leave my flowers in the car so I won't forget them
Me - Why in the car bug, who are they for?
F - Hazel
me - Who's Hazel?
F- She a girl at school, I keep telling her that I love her and she always says ewww gross and runs away. You said to make the flowers for someone you love.
me - Oh, well you better bring them in because I don't know whose car you'll be going in tomorrow. ( cause what do you say to that!)

The poor little guy, I was hoping he might forget about them between last night and this morning but the first thing out of his mouth was "where did you move the flowers to Mom?" I moved them out of the reach of the dogs but perhaps if they had eaten them the poor little guy would have a easier day at a school.

Sometimes wearing your heart on the outside makes life really hard.

No comments: