Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A good Woman

A beautiful woman died today, in fact one of the most beautiful woman I have ever been privileged enough to call family. She was one of those old family friends who your parents talk about with awe, but who you never get to see enough of. She was a strong talented woman who taught me to stand up for myself, to believe in my dreams and reach for the stars.

I was lucky enough to get to see her last year when P and I went to Mexico and I am so glad that I did. We spent a great day cruising through the city and talking about life, love and family.

Lynn sang, oh did she sing and when my brother got married she sang at his wedding. Ever since then this song has made me think of her fondly and wish that she was not so far away. Now I will remember her when I hear it and know that I am privileged to of had her as a part of my life

What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you.

I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world.

No comments: