Thursday, June 3, 2010

a kick

So I started the attachment challenge on Sunday and I must say that if you are counting minute and hugs I have failed miserably but if you count moments, cuddles, conversations and time together I am doing really well.
Lat week I was feeling pretty sorry for myself and pretty down about the world, no biggie, it happens. I needed a kick in the butt to get moving back to therapeutic parenting and this attachment challenge has done just that. It has reminded me to be more intentional when I interact with my kids, to slow down and interact with them as needed and to take a REALLY DEEP BREATH when they are pushing my buttons so that they can watch the fireworks.

We have had a really busy week and I do not really even have time to be writing let alone reading blogs. I will not even get into all the the things that were on but it is almost all done  and then I can resume breathing. The boys and I are going camping tomorrow for the weekend and then it will be back to school and the 6 million things that need to happen before the end of the month including Calvin's birthday.

I am going to keep on the path of the attachment challenge but how I am going to do that will have to wait until next week because I have bags to pack and sleeping bags to locate and coolers to fill.

By the way there is a new little button over there on the left, it is a cute little boy, my nephew and his mama, my sister ( who is amazing and fabulous) is trying to get a grant for her daycare so if you cold click the vote button and go vote once a day that would be fabulous. I know that the button is cut off, I played with it but I can not get it all there.... I have no idea why and given that time is slipping through my fingers this week I have given up, the link works, click away please.

5 comments:

The Accidental Mommy said...

Yep, I didn't officially do the challenge but reading everyones reminded me to try to do more direct things with the girls.

Mom 4 Kids said...

I have found the same to be true here also Stellar Mama, it has made me more aware of what I should be doing and not let the moments slip by with out taking the opportunity. You Rock!

H said...

Enjoy camping in the rain!

Integrity Singer said...

i like the way you score yourself because when I put it down to numbers, I only got a B- which is bad for me. But we did have lots of other good moments we wouldn't have had otherwise, had I been not paying attention to it, not in the challenge and thinking about it, etc. In all, it was a much more fruitful week than we've had in a very long time.

shastastevens said...

I'm glad that you are doing well with cuddles and conversations! I didn't do the "challenge" either, but I have been inspired by you and all the others to be more "hands on".

I voted for your sister's money!