Monday, June 9, 2008

I thought I might never know....

A number of years ago before my Gramms died she told me one day that she was in love, it was another love for her as my grandfather had died a number of years before and she had met another man. I very clearly remember her saying " I never thought that I would feel this way again", she never ever thought that she would really love another man again in her lifetime. I remember listening to her and wondering if I would ever feel that way - I mean here I was in university with boyfriends and such but no one who I thought was the one person I could be with for the rest of my life, I wondered if I would ever know what it was like to love someone like that - would I ever really know or was I destined to jump from one relationship to another wondering if this person was the one.

Little did I know at the time that person I would fall in love with was already there, already loving me. Two years ago today I married that man, the man who courted me from a distance, afraid that I might choose another over him. No other man was to be chosen, because he is the one for me. A happier woman I could not be today, why, because I married a man who loves me to the moon and back - what more could I ask for.

No comments: