Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday Moments

  • It's the first day of March break, I am still breathing, check in tomorrow my status may have changed.
  • Calvin got busted for eating candy canes and then hiding the wrappers under his pillow.I am not sure where he got them but they must of been somewhere. I have been threatening the return of the baby monitor to their room, I think it is time. In his defence he dealt rather well with being confronted about it and although he lied when confronted he came clean when he realised that he was totoally busted.
  • He is now taking melatonin at night, perhaps forcing the hyper vigilant child to sleep will create a little more sanity in our lives. We have also put them both Niacin after a few other suggested it.
  • The sun is shining and they are on their way outside, I may break down and let them watch some TV later, maybe not though.
  • I really hate it when other people ignore me and give my children things I have said that they can not have. They do not at all get that they are creating all sorts of issues and that I will have to spend the next number of hours/days picking up the pieces.
  • I am going to play with some blog layouts, I know what I want but I can not find it.
  • Would someone like to come over and wash the dishes, I hate dishes.
  • We met with "team Fudge" on Thursday, to make a long story short -  ADHD (this is a good article that talks about some of the other factors that contribute) stays but the belief is that the majority of these behaviours including the significant memory issues are a result of neglect and disorganized attachment as an infanct and young child which is thought to of affected the right hemisphere of his brain. FASD is not off the table but it does not really get us anywhere in the school system here and bio Mom has not admitted to drinking so we are not going to pursue it at this time. We are adding a arithmetic disability and will work on the memory gaps and learning some social cues with him in therapy and at home. We'll revisit it in a year and see how things are.
  • I think this all the time I have, I have to go be a Mom, thank God we have wireless now and I can supervise monsters children and blog at the same time.

6 comments:

The Accidental Mommy said...

Pretty new blog!

We have spring break next month, however we currently are on the last day of a 4 day weekend. Aaaggggggguuh. We just do NOT do change well. No good. None at all.

FWIW, I have read that ADHD and hyper-vigilance present almost exactly the same externally. Genea screams ADHD from head to toe but does not have it. Like I said, fwiw.

stellarparenting.com said...

hey Essie, that is true and we are aware that it may be other things but the ADHD is something the school can hear and respond to in a concrete way becaue his biggest issues are there. We tried to explain attachment disorder to them last year with Calvin and they just looked at us as those we were insane and mean.

Lisa said...

Love, love, love the blog layout.

Wishing you a peaceful spring break knowing that change brings out the crazy. ;)

Mom 4 Kids said...

Wow it is pretty over here! Hope you survive March break. Our break is the end of the month, I am going to start praying now!

Shanti said...

love the new layout!
boy, can i relate when someone gives our kids something they're not supposed to have...AFTER i've already said no.
certain grandparents may be coming to my mind right now...

BT said...

Agh, spring break changes! Ours doesn't hit for another two weeks, but P is already showing us how he feels about it.

Question about the melatonin: Where do you get it? I have read that it has not been approved in Cda so I didn't even bother looking for it in our city. But then I found a Cdn on-line pharmacy-type deal that sells it. So how/where do you get yours? I've been wanting to get P on melatonin for ages. (Had been planning to buy a bunch when we're on a big US trip this summer, but it'd be nice not to have to wait that long.)