Monday, January 17, 2011

So they say...

I have loved this song for years and I thought it was time to share it with the rest of you. Megan was asking for songs for her running mix and I shared it with her and once I found the video I thought I should share it with the rest of you. When I was depressed it held me up and now that I am parenting my sons it has a whole new meaning. May it inspire you as well.



Chorus:

So they say that you can't make it
So they say, so they say
But I say that they mistake it
But I say, but I say

And the whole world seems to be leaning on you
And you tell me you don't know what to do
They don't know what I know, they don't know what I know

Wanting to come out is the world you hold inside
Afraid they are for the world outside you will divide
For they don't know what I know, they don't know what I know
So I pray that you can make it
So I pray, so I pray

And your mind they'll try to break it
No later than today

You let them and soon you will be on trial
Give them and inch, yes they'll steal the mile
For they haven't flown where we've flown

You know the road I speak of and the road that lies ahead
Don't give up, don't give up they all must be misled
For they haven't flown where we've flown, no they haven't flown where
we've flown
Chorus
And the game they'll think you've played it
Their foolish way, their foolish way
But I'm tellin' you soon they'll see you've made it
And your game is what they'll play

No comments: