Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Moments

  • In less than 3 days I am leaving my children, actually P and I are leaving our children for 2 nights with sitters so that we can go hear Daniel Hughes in Toronto - yes we are creating attachment issues so we can go learn about attachment. 
  • I am ok with creating attachment issues for my kids. Actually I think it is good for them for us to go and come back and this is the first time in 3 years we have both gone anywhere for more than a few hours.
  • I am trying to stay awake long enough to see if the conservative government has been defeated, I have my fingers crossed, yes I lean left, way left, in every way. You do not have to agree with my politics, it's ok, we can still be friends.  
  • I have to write for Hopeful Parents on Mother's Day, that's a pretty hard day around here, no idea what to write - suggestions, I am open to suggestions. 
  • Calvin's glasses are ready, we need to go pick them up, Fudge is jealous. 
  • We spent our weekend collecting stool samples from Calvin, good times. There is no chapter in any parenting books anywhere about collecting stool samples from your children. 
  • I spent my whole day running errands today, well except for the hour I spent at a friends house talking and visiting and enjoying a glass of red just because we could. 
  • Fudge thought it would be fun to play with matches on Saturday. P's head just about exploded, it will be interesting to see if he tries it again. 
  • Fudge also has "forgotten" his coat at school for almost a week, perhaps when he waits for the bus in his T-shirt tomorrow he will remember to locate it in the lost and found. 
  • I am going to watch TV with P now, we'll see how long I manage to stay awake. 

6 comments:

GB's Mom said...

That sounds like a not good Monday (except for the wine). Hope your week gets better.

The dB family said...

Hope you have a good week! Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the conference in T-Dot. We might very well need to go at some time too.

Blessings!
Deborah

The Accidental Mommy said...

Ooooh, I hope your conference is a good one. Daniel Hughes is very highly regarded! I'm sure there will be fallout from the trip with your boys, but I think in the end it will strengthen their trust in you when you return.

Natalie Servant said...

Hope the trip goes well & that you enjoy a little bit of alone time.

Anonymous said...

My children are practicing the fine art of how to behave on the bus, cause getting kicked off the bus is really not a good thing

Your kids are total bullies and I can't wait until one of their victims finally decides to stand up for themselves and pops one of them in the mouth.

BT said...

Am in mourning over the Stephen Harper majority.

So glad you're going to Daniel Hughes! Your boys will learn that you both come back. You may get payback, but you'll have Daniel Hughes fodder to bolster you to deal with it!