Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday Moments

  • things have been busy around here, I did not intend to be silent for a whole week but it happened
  • Fudge very nicely shared his cold with P and I, when I informed him this morning that he had given me his cold he said " is that why I feel so much better today"
  • I think I might of already  used a whole box of kleenex up this morning alone.
  • we had a snow day last week and we had fun. Last year at this time I drove them to school on snow days regardless of how much snow there was because changing their routine by letting them stay home was a recipe for disaster. This year we enjoyed a day of movie watching, popcorn making and snow shovelling and there were almost no meltdowns.
  • Winter has arrived and the snow is going to just keep on coming.
  • We have school concerts this week, our insane schools do them during the day rather than at night which is both a good and bad thing.
  • I spent every minute that I possibly could knitting last week so that we ( myself and a groups of friends from church) could finish a baby blanket and shawl for friends who are struggling with what appears to be fatal diagnosis for the baby she is carrying. We gave it to them yesterday and it was worth all the time spent. We all cried and talked and looked at the ultrasound pictures and cried some more.
  • This is the boys last week fo school before the Christmas holidays, Fudge is really struggling and I think the break will do both him and his teacher a world of good.
  • I am looking forward to getting the last of the christmas shopping done and the christmas cards out so that next week we can all just chill and spend time with friends.
  • We had a really busy weekend and Calvin handled it really well, Fudge had a meltdown yesterday but he also had a cold and he made it almost through the whole day. We put him to bed at 6 and he slept until 7:30 this morning so apparently he needed the sleep.
  • I have one more christmas stocking to knit still, I guess I should get that going.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I used to knit long ago. Maybe I can get back to it when classes are over. Or crocheting. I always wanted to learn to do that too. Hope you feel better soon.

The Accidental Mommy said...

Whew! There's a lot there! Sounds like you need a nap.

Have you seen the Twist Collective online magazine? It is pretty nice, but geared to way better knitters than me. Or maybe they are more intense. Anyway, I like to look at the pictures!

The Accidental Mommy said...

OHOHOHHHHH THE NEW KNITTY IS UP!

stellarparenting.com said...

Essie you need to head north, spend a week with me and by the end you will tackle any pattern in the twist collective with ease, they are not hard at all you just need someone to hold your hand the first time around.

The Accidental Mommy said...

Ok, well if I start driving right now..... lol! Fire up some perogies!