Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Moments

  • I am saddened by the death of a wonderful professor from the university that P and I attended and I am angered by the stupid rules of the catholic church that are attempting to prevent him from be remembered appropriately. He had been a priest, he left the priesthood and got married but he never filed the paperwork to become a lay person again. For this reason the university where he was a prof. cannot participate formally in the funeral and so a wonderful academic will not be honoured in the way he deserves all because of some stupid protocol was not followed as he changed directions his life. I  know that many of the profs at the university will ignore the "churches" rules but there is little that can be done at the actual funeral as the archbishop has said that there will be no eulogy, there will not speaking of the wonder that was this man's life because he did not file some papers. I love my faith but sometimes I really hate the institution and all of it's rules.
  • We are heading towards Halloween and I have costumes to finish sewing before Thursdays Halloween events at the school. I love making costumes with the kids and watching them get excited but I could do without the candy.
  • I spent most of the weekend alone with the boys as P was at and EMDR workshop. Yesterday was a really long day but we all made it through.
  • I am still doing the lunch monitor gig at the school and as the end of the second month draws to a close it looks as though it may be extended. I have mixed feelings about it.
  • We expressed interest in a sibling group in a far way city last spring and then we got stuck in paperwork hell. It sounds like they have been placed which I have (more)  mixed feelings about. They would of been a good match with our family but the transition would of been brutal and we are still waiting on paperwork and they needed a family. I hope it works out.
  • ORLANDO is in March, are you going? I am hoping that I can but I cannot commit just yet as we are so unsure about more kids. At this exact moment we do not have a match or even any kids that we are interested in but I know how fast that can change and I know what going away soon after a placement would do so I am waiting. But if you are able to swing it may I suggest that you GO and have a weekend away from your little angels with other Mamas who get it because you will not regret it.
  • After I get through Halloween I need to start thinking about or annual Christmas Tree Party where we cut down trees, feed people perogies and raise money to buy people Christmas gifts. Last year I made 400 perogies and we ran out so this year I need to make more and I need to make a plan to get it all done in a reasonable amount of time, in other words I need to make way more and start way sooner.
  • That all being said I should be sewing so I must but off.

2 comments:

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Oh my heavens - is it pierogie time already?????? We are going to Orlando and hope that you will also be able to get away. Curious what P. thinks of the EMDR workshop.

The Accidental Mommy said...

Mmmm, pierogies again.

Sorry to hear about your friend. That must be hard, to know what he would have wanted won't be honored.

I'm curious about the emdr too.