Wednesday, February 16, 2011

More on Pain.

So Calvin home from school about an hour ago but he did not walk up the driveway and asked Fudge to tell me to come and get him because his leg was hurting to much. I asked Fudge before I went down how Calvin was moving and how he seemed after school, Fudge said he was running around at last recess and seemed fine but now he was saying that his leg hurt.

My first reaction was, he is so just faking all the pain this for me, little brat, running around at school, he is so fine.

I got in the car and drove down, he was standing to the side of the driveway. He got in and I asked him how he was.

He said " My leg hurts cause I made I bad choice. I was running around after school before we got on the bus and now it really hurts".

Opps, good thing I did not say anything. He is learning that being honest with me gets him a lot farther!

We did talk as I got him some Advil about his day and he said that he took an Advil at lunch time ( has to go ask at the office) and that it helped. He also said that he did not do gym because as soon as he started to stretch with the kids it hurt so he had to sit out. He seemed disappointed by that. He is willing to sit quietly now and play with his lego while he waits for the 4:30 Advil to kick in.

This does confirm my suspicion that as long as he is taking the meds he feels like he can move around with little pain provided that he is not doing anything other than just moving from place to place. Without the meds even walking is painful, poor kid. I did not hear from rheumatology today. I will be calling them in the morning to see when they can get us in.

5 comments:

GB's Mom said...

Poor kid! I hope some answers come soon.

Lisa said...

Does being a squeaky wheel help anything move faster in your neck of the woods? If it does I would be squeaking so loud they could hear me in CA. I hate it when you have to wait for answers.

Tina Szymczak said...

I hope you get answers soon. I don't know your family but I know I would always rather take my kids "side" on possible medical issues than risk assuming its attention seeking or a behaviour of some sort. I would think that by now most kids would have given in or moved on to something else or they would do something drastic to try to create more drama around it. I think you trying to meet his needs at face value in this instance is also a wonderful bonding/attachment opportunity (though worrying and exhausting you are meeting his needs at a most basic level)
I would keep pushing doctors until they either found out what was wrong or had found away to adequately show that all possible medical possibilities had been ruled out.
HUgs

Celeste said...

Umm sweetie, Advil is every 6-8 hrs- not 3-4 like Tylenol

Foster Mom - R said...

I'm not sure with his history if its an option but as someone who has chronic pain (and learned to deal with it so I could go about my life) perhaps acupuncture or chiropractic care. Its a holistic approach but those docs did more for me than the ones with the fancy machines and medicine - at least until they can diagnos him properly.