Wednesday, March 2, 2011

there are just not enough hours

There are just not enough hours in my day, I think that is the mantra of mothers everywhere, where can I find a little more time to get a few more tings done. Part of the reason that there is so much to do is that I am leaving my family alone for 5 glorious days so that I can go and be with other mothers who get it. Mothers who walk a journey like mine each and every day and to tell you that I am excited is an understatement. I am not really nervous or anxious about meeting all my imaginary friends, instead I am far more stressed about making sure that there are enough clean socks and underwear to get through the week.

Some of today was eaten up by having to replace the licence plates that were stolen off P's car last night and after way to long at the police station filing the report I had to drive to the next small town to get the plates because the office here was closed. The joys of small town life.

I made a quick stop at home to put the plates on the car and when I came in to find a screwdriver the phone rang,  it was the school. Calvin was in the office after a small altercation with another kid on the yard and was insistent that he come home ( a first for him). To make a long story short it turns out that Fudge decided that it would be a good plan to be a pain in the ass to get a little attention so he was telling everyone at school that Calvin was faking it and there as nothing wrong with him. Calvin was pissed and took it out on other kids. In the end I managed to get him to calm down by talking to him on the phone and convinced him to make it through the last hour of school because he was looking forward to having friends over after school ( another first for him)  and they could not come if he came home early. He pulled it together and had a fun afternoon with his friends.

I tore a strip off Fudge in a calm therapeutic parenting sort of way and then did  not let him play with the boys who were visiting as a consequence. He did apologise to Calvin but I am still pretty angry at him because his goal was to make his brother angry so that he would react and get in trouble. Fudge admits that was his goal and I think that is pretty nasty thing to do your brother. They are close and often get along well but Fudge is having a really hard time with the space that has been left by Calvin's attaching to us and being less angry with the world and now by the attention that he is getting due to being sick. I mean spending time at the hospital being poked at and having tests done is hardly any kids idea of a good time but Fudge seems to think that it is some great thing that he is missing out on.

Now I must go to bed because tomorrow will be here soon enough and then I will only have 1 more sleep till ORLANDO

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Cannot wait to see you!

GB's Mom said...

Me, too!

Sarah said...

Me three! And now it is morning- so ONE MORE SLEEP! :-D

Marty Walden said...

Me, four!