- it is Calvin's 11th birthday today. Those of you who are parenting kids like mine know that birthdays can bring out the crazies in our kids in a special way. The lead up to today was no exception, he has been one tough nut these last 2 weeks.
- He pulled it together last night for a family meal and celebration and did not freak out when I forgot the chocolate chips int he pancakes this morning so hopefully we will all get through the day in one piece.
- He lost the privilege of having a party with friends because he refused to follow some pretty basic rules both at home and at school. He will be mad about for some time to come but he is beginning to realise that I usually follow through on my word.
- I regret starting the tradition of having parties with my kids. I know that it is a normal part of growing up but they always cause so many behaviour issues that I feel like it is not worth the hassle. A small event with 1 or 2 friends would much more reasonable and causes a whole lot less behaviour.
- School ends on Thursday, I have mixed feelings about that.
- Fudge has been leaving me love notes, it is so sweet and it warms my heart to know that he is FINALLY attaching to me, not that it has been a long road or anything.
- I am trying to make some plans for cottage trips and camping to help keep me sane over the next 2 months.
- The men with big trucks are still digging up my front yard, the 3 days of rain that we had sort of put a stop to things - it will be done soon, it will be done soon, it will be done soon - right.
- I have been working on creating an office space for me in our house, I finally have it all painted and it is starting to look good, pictures soon.
- Gotta take Calvin to school cause when you get kicked off the bus for the rest of the year they do not make an exception on your birthday.
Monday, June 27, 2011
Posted by stellarparenting.com at Monday, June 27, 2011